What you Need to Know
CSA-approved helmets are mandatory for all CanSkate and CanPowerSkate sessions.
There must be an adult present in the arena for all skaters under the age of 12 years old.
Skate Canada Membership Fee
All skaters must pay a Skate Canada membership fee of $35. This fee is payable once per year by each skater belonging to a club sanctioned by Skate Canada and is valid from September 1st to August 31st. The fee is set by our governing body, Skate Canada.
All families are required to pay a mandatory Fundraising Fee of $60 (per family). The $60 will purchase your fundraising tickets, which will be distributed in December, 2018. Fundraising Draw will be held in February, 2019. Once you have your tickets, you can then sell them to recover the $60. As a non-profit organization, fundraising helps us to keep our registration fees affordable and deliver quality programs on the ice.
Payment and Refund Policy
All prices and purchase invoices are made in Canadian Dollars ($CDN). We accept offline payment in the form of cash and cheque, as well as payment online by credit card. For those registering for the Full season, there is an option to pay by 3 installments. Payment and registration must be received prior to the start of the skating session.
All requests for a refund must be made in writing to the Board of Directors and approved by the Board. The Club's general policy is that there will be no refunds provided after the second scheduled lesson of the session, unless there are extenuating circumstances, such as a medical issue. Any approved refunds will be subject to a non-refundable fee of $50 per skater. The Skate Canada Membership fee of $35 and the mandatory fundraising fee of $60 are non-refundable.
Refunds or make-up classes are not provided for classes missed.
A fee of $35 for each NSF cheque returned to the Club will be borne by the author (drawee).
Export and Delivery of Goods
We do not export any goods and we do not have any physical goods for sale. Purchases made on this website are for services only and will be delivered at the location indicated by the program you are registering for.
- Collect personal information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses as provided voluntarily by you through program registration and membership.
- Electronically submit member and participant information to Skate Canada, our club associated governing body, for the purpose of registering participant membership with Skate Canada programs (such as CanSkate, StarSkate, and CanPowerSkate).
- Use personal information to send members communication regarding upcoming program and registration information.
- Use personal information for statistical analysis.
- Use personal information for regular business administration of the club.
- Use personal information to help organize ice shows.
CCSC will not:
- Sell, loan, rent, trade, or lease any personal information to third parties, except to Skate Canada, as outlined above and which you provide consent to at Checkout.
- Use information provided in an email other than to respond to that inquiry.
CCSC reserves the right to change this Policy from time to time.